Is there a Natural Cure for Vitiligo?Posted on 24th January, 2013 by Paul Fowler
Vitiligo is one of those health conditions wherein the sufferer inevitably falls prey to social stigma. A person with Vitiligo may experience being ostracized, simply because parts of his skin do not have any color. The patchy nature of this skin condition fuels others’ misconceptions as to what Vitiligo is, and how a person might get it.
Logically, there is no reason why others may feel awkward around someone with this condition. Scientifically speaking, a person cannot “spread” Vitiligo the same way warts, and other contagious skin conditions might be spread. A person with Vitiligo still has healthy skin, it just so happens that the pigmentation on his or her skin is gradually being removed because of the death of pigment-producing cells. There may be a natural cure for Vitiligo.
It is believed that genetic predisposition is the main culprit, or trigger, that causes the manifestation of this skin condition. And while it is true that Vitiligo cannot cause any real harm to the body, the social stigma that ensues when a person does develop this condition can be more than crippling in some cases.
Is there a way to naturally reverse Vitiligo ? In all reality, there isn’t actually a single natural cure for Vitiligo. But this doesn’t mean that this skin condition will begin to take over your life. There are ways to slow it down; in some cases, really dedicated Vitiligo sufferers are able to halt their condition by paying close attention to what their bodies are telling them.
Help Yourself to a Natural Cure for Vitiligo
If you are ready to take control of your skin condition, and if you believe that you have what it takes to naturally reverse it, here are some very important guidelines to remember that will all help as part of a natural cure for Vitiligo:
- Stress is considered a big factor when it comes to developing Vitiligo. If your Vitiligo suddenly erupted because you have been continuously experiencing high levels of stress these past few years, it is high time that you took control of what is causing the stress in the first place.The best way to manage stress is to deal with the stress sources themselves. If nothing can be done about the stress sources, you must formulate methods that will allow you to protect yourself from further stress.
- Food allergies can trigger Vitiligo, too. To avoid food allergies, minimize your consumption of processed foods, like potato chips, soda, candies, etc. Foods that have lots of preservatives and artificial flavorings are also a big no-no when you have a skin condition like Vitiligo.
- Modify your eating pattern so you will have a more balanced diet. Ideally, a person suffering from Vitiligo should have whole grains, fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, and different kinds of fish every day. Pork, beef, and chicken are not really recommended, although these food items can definitely be consumed but in smaller quantities.
- Your staple source of protein should be fish from now on. I know that this could get some getting used to, but it’s all worth it because fish usually does not cause the same allergic reactions in the body as pork and beef.
- Limit your use of perfumes and cosmetics that may be causing inflammation of your skin.